Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Modern Hero


“The Wonder Woman of my Life”

        A hero is indeed a person of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. A hero is a person, who in the opinion of others, have heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal. I believe every one of us has his/her hero in life. A person who completes the missing pieces in our lives; a person whom we consider the best and the greatest hero of our lives. Just like everyone does, I do have a hero in my life which I consider “the best among the rest.”
        “Mothers know best.” When problems arise, I always run to my mother. Even in the times that I feel my friends’ suggestions are not comforting enough to calm my doubting nerves, I turn to my mother to put to rest all my anxieties. I never knew she babysat on me until my age of understanding. My mother was my ultimate babysitter, feeding me when I start crying my lungs out, or singing to me even if I woke up the entire neighborhood at two in the morning. When there was no one to turn to, when I was too shy to tell my peers about a love interest or an academic failure, it was my mother who knew all about it first-hand. I frankly and honestly tell to my mother everything, from deliciously wicked neighborhood gossip to distressingly worrisome personal problems. When it comes on making decisions in life, mother would make sure there were no glitches and hitches to the outcome. She would actually contradict my premises and conclusions, but that’s because she wanted to purify my intentions and inclinations. “My mother is my number one fan.” This is still true even now that I am already a grown-up teenage girl. Back in my elementary years when I was joining in different contests, my mother was there, waving her arms as I took to the stage. Mothers are really like that: proud of their children’s accomplishments and skills. In these times when people are more inclined to find fault than accept assets, it is heartening to know that our mothers are there to believe in us.
        Our mothers accompanied us in our important moments: the first day of school, the first visit to the dentist, the first stage appearance, the first communion, and more. For them, it felt splendid to see their children take life one step further. It may be an emotional moment for them but no one can say it was sappy. Those instances were their harvests-results of the seeds of love and care they planted early in our lives. So . . . . I am very proud to say that, "My Mother is my Hero."
       

  
          

No comments:

Post a Comment